|Submission Guidelines|| > For Authors and Reviewers > Submission Guidelines
I. Aims and Scope
Border Crossings: The Journal of Japanese-Language Literature Studies publishes a wide range of original, interdisciplinary articles that
relate to crossing borders among nations, regions, ethnicity, genders, genres, and time periods.
Although there are no limitations on the subject or field of analysis, we welcome pioneering research that reflects diverse ideas, ideologies,
and histories with regards to border crossings and Japanese-language-literature.
The types of manuscripts are limited to academic papers, essays on border crossings, and introductions to research materials that have not been previously published or presented elsewhere.
II. Eligibility for Submission
Academic papers, essays on border crossings, and introductions to research materials are accepted.
Border Crossings: The Journal of Japanese Language Literature Studies imposes no eligibility criteri
a for submission on prospective authors.
III. Article-processing charge
- There is no author's submission fee or article processing charge since the publication cost is supported by the publisher.
- Manuscripts should be written in either Japanese or English.
V. Submission Procedure
Submissions should be made via Border Crossings: The Journal of Japanese-Language Literature Studies’s Submission System (http://submit.bcjjl.org/) along with the following, which will not be returned to the authors:
- English abstract (approximately 200 words in length)
- Keywords both in Japanese and English (approximately 5 key words)
- Manuscript title and author’s name in English
- Contact information (Name (in Chinese Characters), institutional affiliation, current position, field of research , postal code, address, Telephone number (FAX); and e-mail address)
- Author’s Profile
VI. An online publication of the journal
- All selected papers will be subject to the copyright of the Global Institute for Japanese Studies, Korea University and the author(s) retain publishing rights.
- Manuscripts accepted for publication in Border Crossings: The Journal of Japanese Language Literature Studies will be accessible online. Unless there is an acceptable reason against online publication, authors grant permission to online publication by submitting their manuscripts.
- It is authors’ responsibility to obtain legitimate copyright permissions for online accessibility of any figures that appear in their manuscripts.